From a project’s very beginning stages to its completion, Ecklundson Construction’s team manages all details in the building
The experience of our
Our on-site management team ensures that the job runs smoothly, on schedule and within budget. We implement proven time, quality control, cost and safety management procedures that ensure these goals are met while delivering the quality product The Ecklundson Construction Group prides itself on.
We are a culture where everyone is welcome.
Employee assistance program
Paid time off
YARD HELPER & GENERAL CARPENTRY (PACRIM)
PacRim Log Structures is an importer of high-quality, prefabricated wood structure kits, located in Nanaimo BC.
We are looking to hire an enthusiastic person to help us with our yard operations. Duties would include loading and unloading kits and supplies on and off delivery trucks using a forklift, readying the kits for shipping, as well as other duties as assigned.
General carpentry skills are a key asset for this position.
Forklift training will be provided.
Applicant must have a valid BC driver’s license.
Full-Time – Monday to Friday
The Accounting Assistant responsibilities include keeping financial records updated and preparing reports for the Controller. This position performs all routine bookkeeping; filing, data entry, clerical duties and assist with higher-level tasks; payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable and month end closing. The Accounting Assistant maintains all fleet records.
- Match invoices to purchase orders, verifying invoice coding and mathematical accuracy, and prioritizes documents received to meet scheduled deadlines.
Research and resolve incoming inquiries related to accounts payable, vendor invoices, and payments.
Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies, and develop resolutions.
- Monitor and reconcile GL accounts, including but not limited to prepaid expenses, accounts receivable, accounts payable, customer deposits and holdback.
- Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profitability.
Calculate and prepare customer billings.
Reconcile credit card statements
- Assist with yearly audit work papers and annual audit activities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Sage 50 and Quickbooks.
- Enter employee time and track employee leaves.
- Updating and maintaining employee benefits, employment status, and similar records
- Perform file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained Perform payroll/benefit-related reconciliations
Reports to controller and support senior accounting staff as needed. Maintain confidentiality in all areas above.
Minimum 2 years of experience in full cycle bookkeeping
- Self-motivated to balance and organize several responsibilities in a fast-paced office environment, while maintaining imperative attention to detail and accuracy
Strategic and analytical thinking
Resource and fiscal management
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to adapt quickly to change and work efficiently.
This is a part-time position leading to permanent full-time employment
Office hours 8-4:30 M-F
Excellent Benefits after completion of 3 months probationary period
We are looking for an experienced Carpenter who works well with others and is looking for a versatile and challenging role. Some highlights of the role are listed below – but we are looking for people who are willing to go beyond a list of tasks, who understand what it takes to get each project completed in the safest, most efficient way and ensure client satisfaction.
This position may be located at our construction projects throughout Vancouver Island with the primary location in the Nanaimo area.
Required skills include:
- Thorough wood framing experience
- Understand and follow the Company Safety Plan
- Posses proven organizational and people skills
- Work independently and cooperatively; ensure they meet productivity, quality and safety goals and standards
- Work with the Superintendent to understand daily activities, schedule and order materials, read plans and contract documents to ensure all work is properly scheduled
- Responsible for quality control for all workmanship
- Understand and able to work from construction plans
- Active listening skills; with an ability to effectively communicate with co-workers on site
- An aptitude for mathematics
- Able to work outside in all weather.
- A valid drivers license
If you are looking to be a part of a great team and develop your career, we encourage you to apply.
Compensation based on experience.
When applying, please attach a PDF copy of your resume & provide the job title in the subject field
Connect with us
Mon: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Tues: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Wed: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Thur: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Fri: 8 am - 4:30 pm