From a project’s very beginning stages to its completion, Ecklundson Construction’s team manages all details in the building
The experience of our
Our on-site management team ensures that the job runs smoothly, on schedule and within budget. We implement proven time, quality control, cost and safety management procedures that ensure these goals are met while delivering the quality product The Ecklundson Construction Group prides itself on.
We are a culture where everyone is welcome.
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
We are looking for new team members who are eager to join a diverse team of stakeholders in a growing company on Vancouver Island. We are currently looking for an Estimator based out of our Nanaimo Office.
- Report to the Chief Estimator and work as part of the estimating team on a wide variety of commercial, institutional and development projects.
- Perform quantity take-offs for all disciplines.
- Evaluate sub-trade quotes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with sub-trades and clients.
- Attend tender site meetings and ongoing project visits.
- Prepare estimates for submitted tenders on projects up to $10 million and pre-construction estimates on construction workeragement projects.
- Prepare Pre-Qualification and RFP submission packages.
- Familiarize with different methods of construction.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Engineering degree / Diploma in quantity surveying, engineering, or architecture construction-related technology. BCIT ABET or equivalent.
- Must have strong attention to detail, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively, flexibly, and with a positive attitude.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, MS Project, Outlook, Word) is a must.
- 3+ years of experience in pre-construction, estimating and/or related fields.
- Construction / Carpentry knowledge is vital.
- The ability to read and interpret contract specifications, drawings and other construction documents are vital.
Ecklundson offers a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and a flexible, team-based work environment.
YARD HELPER & GENERAL CARPENTRY (PACRIM)
PacRim Log Structures is an importer of high-quality, prefabricated wood structure kits, located in Nanaimo BC.
We are looking to hire an enthusiastic person to help us with our yard operations. Duties would include loading and unloading kits and supplies on and off delivery trucks using a forklift, readying the kits for shipping, as well as other duties as assigned.
General carpentry skills are a key asset for this position.
Forklift training will be provided.
Applicant must have a valid BC driver’s license.
Full-Time – Monday to Friday
We are looking for an experienced Carpenter who works well with others and is looking for a versatile and challenging role. Some highlights of the role are listed below – but we are looking for people who are willing to go beyond a list of tasks, who understand what it takes to get each project completed in the safest, most efficient way and ensure client satisfaction.
This position may be located at our construction projects throughout Vancouver Island with the primary location in the Nanaimo area.
Required skills include:
- Thorough wood framing experience
- Understand and follow the Company Safety Plan
- Posses proven organizational and people skills
- Work independently and cooperatively; ensure they meet productivity, quality and safety goals and standards
- Work with the Superintendent to understand daily activities, schedule and order materials, read plans and contract documents to ensure all work is properly scheduled
- Responsible for quality control for all workmanship
- Understand and able to work from construction plans
- Active listening skills; with an ability to effectively communicate with co-workers on site
- An aptitude for mathematics
- Able to work outside in all weather.
- A valid drivers license
If you are looking to be a part of a great team and develop your career, we encourage you to apply.
Compensation based on experience.
ADMIN ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT
When applying, please attach a PDF copy of your resume & provide the job title in the subject field
Connect with us
Mon: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Tues: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Wed: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Thur: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Fri: 8 am - 4:30 pm